October was Farm to School Month and ‘ĀINA In...Read more...
Hawai‘i School Bottle Cap Collection Challenge
Kōkua Hawaiʻi Foundation, in partnership with Method and Preserve, present the 2014 Hawaiʻi School Bottle Cap Collection Challenge. All schools in Hawaii are welcome to participate in this special opportunity to recycle bottle caps. The top three schools in four categories will receive a Waste-Free Classroom Celebration Kit complete with cloth napkins, reusable Preserve cutlery, cups, plates , and Method Ocean Plastic dish + hand soap. The top winning school will receive a special performance by Jack Johnson.
Who can participate?
- All schools DOE, Charter, HAIS, Private, Independent, K-12, Pre-Schools, Homeschools
- Four categories: Pre-schools, Elementary Schools, Middle Schools, High Schools
How it works:
- Schools register online
- Kōkua Hawaiʻi Foundation (KHF) confirms registration and provides details
- February 1- March 31, 2014 schools collect bottle caps
- Schools/Students get the word out and engage their school community
- KHF distributes approved collections bags (only designated FULL bags will be collected and tagged)
- Schools submit collection report using online form
- Schools document the process and submit photos/video/blogs to KHF for posting
- Schools drop off bags at designated locations
- The top three schools is each category who collect and redeem the highest volume of bottle caps per capita wins a Waste-Free Classroom Celebration Kit. (Twelve kits total)
- The top winning school will receive a special performance by Jack Johnson
- All participating schools will receive acknowledgement and prizes
- Winners will be announced on Earth Day, April 22!
Click here for a list of all schools currently participating!Register online