ʻĀINA Spring Offerings
Curious how to involve ʻĀINA Curriculum into your classroom or home this Spring? Check out some of the following ideas on different ways to safely connect and bring ʻĀINA In Schools home or into the classroom with you:
Check out the ʻĀINA In Schools Video Series to learn more...
ʻĀINA Schools Updates
Throughout the everchanging 2020-21 school year, teachers and volunteers at ʻĀINA Schools have been utilizing digital adaptations to keep ʻĀINA lessons going for students. Check out how some of these amazing ʻĀINA advocates have been bringing ʻĀINA lessons to their students:
We Grow Hawaiʻi: a Youth Food Summit
The Hawaiʻi Youth Food Council (HYFC) presents We Grow Hawaiʻi: a Youth Food Summit Saturdays April 10th, 17th and 24th from 9:00am-3:30pm!
This free, youth-led, virtual conference will inspire youth involvement in self-sustaining food systems. The conference will feature guest speakers...
Hawaiʻi ʻUlu Coopʻs ʻUlu Recipe Contest!
Join the Hawaiʻi ʻUlu Coop’s Spring 2021 ʻUlu Recipe Contest by submitting your favorite ʻulu recipe to help increase public knowledge of this regenerative, carbon sequestering Hawaiian staple! Check out their full contest guidelines here. Deadline to enter is April 15th! If you need some...
Webinar: Local Starches from Roots
Join this webinar hosted in partnership with the Hawaiʻi ʻUlu Cooperative and the We Grow Hawaiʻi Youth Food Summit on Saturday, April 17 from 10:00am-12:00pm featuring youth chefs cooking with kalo, ʻuala, and cassava as they share stories and planting tips. Click here for more information...
We love Lei Day! We hope you can join us this Saturday May 6 at the Kōkua General Store for a talk story with Melea… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
Posted 2 May
Help us celebrate Earth Day & the Kōkua General Store's One Year Anniversary this Saturday! We will have activity t… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
Posted 19 Apr
Join us for the PFH Art Show from April 13-15, 11am- 2pm, showcasing all of the participating school murals. On Sat… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
Posted 4 Apr
@wslPURE @ForesterSea @pasopacifico @ConservationOrg @SaveTheWaves @coral_gardeners @nativelikewater @wsl… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
Posted 11 Feb
Congratulations to the 2023 WSL PURE #WeAreOneOcean Grantees! We are proud to support these incredible organization… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
Posted 10 Feb
- 05-29-20 End of Year ʻĀINA Garden Harvests
- 05-29-20 ʻĀINA At Home!
- 05-29-20 Blanche Pope Elementary Continues ʻĀina-Based Learning Through School Closures
- 05-29-20 ʻĀINA In Schools Resources
- 05-29-20 ʻĀINA In Schools Featured in Hawaiʻi Farm to School Hui Talk Story Series
- 05-29-20 Opportunities for Hawaiʻi Educators
- 05-29-20 Mahalo & A Hui Hou!
- 09-17-19 ʻĀINA In Schools off to a Great Start!
- 09-17-19 Sunset Beach Elementary Partners with
- 09-17-19 ʻĀINA In Schools Curriculum Trainings for Educators on Hawaiʻi Island
- 09-17-19 September is National Family Meals Month
- 09-17-19 October is National Farm to School Month
- 09-17-19 THE CHOMP!
- 09-17-19 Hawaiʻi Environmental Education Symposium on Maui
- 09-17-19 Fruit Kabobs
- 09-17-19 Upcoming Community Events
- 08-26-19 Join the Kōkua Hawaiʻi Foundation Staff!
- 08-26-19 Mahalo to the SY 19-20 ʻĀINA Team Coordinator, Garden Club Advisors, and Healthy Snack Coordinators!
- 08-26-19 Don’t Wait! Join the Kōkua Hawaiʻi Foundation ʻĀINA In Schools Team Now!
- 08-26-19 ‘ĀINA In Schools Garden Party Workdays
- 08-26-19 Kū ‘Āina Pā 2019 School Garden Teacher Training
- 08-26-19 Green Grants for Schools
- 08-26-19 Veggie Fried Rice
- 07-31-19 Refreshing and Seasonal Summer Recipes with Local Ingredients
- 07-31-19 Mahalo to our Volunteers & Partners!
- 07-31-19 Annual ʻĀINA In Schools Newsletter
- 07-31-19 ʻĀINA In Schools PDE3 Curriculum Training for Oʻahu Educators: Courses are Live!
- 07-31-19 Oʻahu PDE3 ʻĀINA In Schools Curriculum Trainings for Educators Class of 2019!
- 07-31-19 ʻĀINA In Schools Impact
- 07-31-19 Ahuimanu ʻĀINA Team Saves the Bees!
- 07-31-19 ʻĀINA School Nuʻuanu Elementary Plants Fruit Tree Orchard!
- 07-31-19 Don’t Wait! Join the Kōkua Hawaiʻi Foundation ʻĀINA In Schools Team Now
- 07-31-19 Farm to School Professional Development Opportunities for Educators
- 07-31-19 Easy Homemade Cocoa Coconut Ice Cream
- 03-27-19 FREE Farm To Keiki workshops for Preschool Teachers
- 03-27-19 Farm To School Field Trips: Leilehua High, Sweet Land Farms, and Kākoʻo ‘Ōiwi
- 03-27-19 It’s Leg Session, Get Involved!
- 03-27-19 Congratulations Chef Ed Kenney!
- 03-27-19 Ag Day at the Capitol
- 03-27-19 Community Composting Project
- 03-27-19 University of Hawai‘i West O‘ahu Sustainable Community Food Systems Program
- 03-27-19 ʻĀINA Garden Club Highlights
- 03-27-19 Farm To School Grants
- 01-22-19 Happy New Year and Mahalo for Your Support!
- 01-22-19 BYOBowl @ Banan
- 01-22-19 ʻĀINA In Schools Curriculum Training for Educators: Register Now
- 01-22-19 ‘ĀINA In Schools Garden Party Workdays
- 01-22-19 ʻĀINA In Schools Spring Docent Training Dates
- 01-22-19 Free Teachers Workshop for Huakaʻi o Kamananui, Aloha ʻĀina Moanalua Curriculum
- 01-22-19 ʻĀINA Recipe: Ed Kenney’s Grilled Chicken & Eggplant with Miso Yogurt
- 10-19-18 ʻAina Pono Harvest of the Month ʻUlu Beef Stew on the Menu for Participating DOE Schools!
- 10-19-18 ʻĀINA Reaches Molokaʻi & Hawaiʻi Island Educators
- 10-19-18 ʻĀINA Reaches Molokaʻi & Hawaiʻi Island Educators
- 10-19-18 ʻĀINA Farm to School Field Trips for Educators
- 10-19-18 It’s Farm to School Month!
- 10-19-18 Support Kōkua Hawaiʻi Foundation!
- 10-19-18 THE CHOMP!
- 10-19-18 Mahalo to our ʻĀINA In Schools Garden, Compost and Nutrition Docents - There’s Still Time to Join th
- 10-19-18 Hawaiʻi Youth Sustainability Challenge
- 10-19-18 Budding Botanist Grant
- 10-19-18 ʻĀINA Recipe: ʻAina Pono: Harvest of the Month Recipe ʻUlu Beef Stew
- 10-10-18 ʻĀINA Recipe: ʻAina Pono: Harvest of the Month Recipe ʻUlu Beef Stew
- 08-28-18 Don’t Wait! Join the Kōkua Hawaiʻi FoundationʻĀINA In Schools Team Now!
- 08-28-18 ‘ĀINA In Schools Garden Party Workdays
- 08-28-18 STEMgrows Workshops
- 08-28-18 Green Grants for Schools
- 08-28-18 An Introduction to Rat Lungworm Disease
- 08-28-18 2018 National Sustainable Agriculture Education Association Conference & Hōʻola ʻĀina O Māʻilikūkahi
- 08-28-18 Macadamia Coconut Balls
- 07-30-18 ʻĀINA Reaches Thousands in our 12th Year
- 07-30-18 First Hawaiian Bank Community Care Days Serve ʻĀINA Schools!
- 07-30-18 ʻAina Pono Farm to School Showcase at the Capitol
- 07-30-18 Oʻahu School Garden Summer Intensive
- 07-30-18 Don’t Wait! Join the Kōkua Hawaiʻi Foundation ʻĀINA In Schools Team Now!
- 07-30-18 Kahumana Organic Farms Summer Camp: Cultivating Leadership
- 07-30-18 Farm to School Professional Development Opportunities for Educators
- 07-30-18 Caroline’s Gluten Free Banana Bread
- 06-29-18 Summer ʻOhana Activities Around the ʻĀina
- 06-29-18 Annual ʻĀINA In Schools Newsletter
- 06-29-18 Farm to School Professional Development Opportunities for Educators
- 06-29-18 Oʻahu School Garden Summer Intensive
- 06-29-18 Join the Kōkua Hawaiʻi Foundation Volunteer Team
- 06-29-18 Kahumana Organic Farms Summer Camp: Cultivating Leadership
- 06-29-18 7th Annual Environmental Education Symposium
- 05-30-18 Kōkua Hawaiʻi Foundation Volunteer & Partner Appreciation
- 05-30-18 Our Favorite ‘ĀINA Garden Club Art Activities
- 05-30-18 9th National Farm To Cafeteria Conference
- 05-30-18 Kōkua Hawaiʻi Foundation Field Trip and Mini-Grants NOW Available for the 2018-19 School Year
- 05-30-18 Schools Celebrate Farm to School with ʻĀINA Family Nights
- 05-30-18 Earth Month ʻĀINA In Schools Chef & Farmer Visits & Kuʻi ʻAi Demonstrations