Getting Started with KHF Project Grants
Kōkua Hawaiʻi Foundation Project Grants assist teachers from Hawaiʻi schools in pursuing environmental stewardship endeavors and advancing their environmental goals in the classroom. The Kōkua Hawaiʻi Foundation offers financial assistance for schools which otherwise could not purchase items or services needed to reach these goals.
* Grant Applications for the 2023-2024 school year open on May 1!
* Deadline for all Project Grant applications for the 2023-24 school year is January 31, 2024. No applications for the 2023-2024 school year will be accepted after this date.
* Complete applications must be submitted at least two months prior to your project start date. We encourage you to apply early in order to facilitate a smoother project planning process.
* Financial assistance is limited to $200 per teacher and $1,000 per school. Multiple teachers may collaborate on a single application.
* Project Grant funds are to be used for projects to help advance their environmental education goals. Previous grantees have used KHF funds for garden supplies, waste reduction systems, aquaponics, professional development workshops and more.
* Please note that KHF-funded projects must be completed during the 2023-24 school year.
* Preference is given to applications from Hawaiʻi public schools.
* Award checks will be written to and mailed directly to schools.
* All grant communication shall remain between KHF and applicant (school/teacher). Project Grant service providers should not contact Kōkua Hawaiʻi Foundation about the status of individual awards.
* Grantees will be required to provide documentation of their project, including receipts, at least 5 high-resolution digital photos of students engaged in project activities, and a short reporting form.
* Application deadline is January 31st.
Application via this link!