For our recent Farm to Table Dinner, Chef Susan Prior used Kōkua Learning Farm lavender & roselle to create a delicious dessert! Check out the recipe below and be sure to swing by the Kōkua General Store to pick up your very own Kōkua Learning Farm Roselle Simple Syrup 🤍
Lavender Creme Brûlée with Honeycomb Candy & Roselle Simple Syrup
Recipe by Chef Susan Prior
For the Creme Brûlée
- 6 egg yolks
- 1tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp organic dried culinary lavender
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Roselle Simple Syrup
- Honeycomb Candy
- Pre heat oven at 325
- Whisk together the eggs yolks and vanilla in a bowl set aside
- Heat cream, lavender & sugar in sauce pan at medium heat until little bubbles form.
- Slowly add in the egg yolk mixture, and continue to whisk until the mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Line muffin tins with paper cup, lightly spray each cup with avocado oil and then fill each cup ~3/4 full.
- Place muffin prepared muffin tin in a sheet pan filled with hot water and bake for 20-25 min
- Once baked, take out and add the Roselle Simple Syrup to the top of each cup
- With a blowtorch, quickly torch the top of each cup until caramelized or place back in oven for 5 mins
- Add Honeycomb candy or any other toppings
Check out the full menu:
Our Farm to Table Dinner’s are amazing events that take place in the piko of the Kōkua Learning Farm! Be sure to become a member if you would like to join us for our next event!