Are you ready for our first Clothing Swap of 2024?? Join us in the Kōkua General Store on Saturday, February 3rd from 10am-3pm to find some ʻnewʻ preloved clothing gems. Swap out your gently-used, washed clothes and find your new favorite piece of clothing.
Why Clothing Swaps?
- We host Clothing Swaps at the Kōkua General Store to encourage people to reuse and extend the lifespan of our clothing. The fashion industry is one of the largest polluters! It is so important to support secondhand in order to reduce waste and lessen the demand for new clothing.
- We host Clothing Swaps at the Kōkua General Store to reduce waste in our landfills, extend the life of gently worn clothing items, and provide the community a fun opportunity for waste reduction.
When and where do I bring my clothes to swap?
- To participate, bring your clothing items to the Kōkua General Store between Friday, January 26th through Friday, February 2nd during our regular store hours. When dropping off your clothes you will receive a ticket to participate the day of the event.
66-249 Kamehameha Hwy, Haleiwa, HI 96712
Can I bring clothes the day of the event?
- We will not allow clothes to be dropped off during the day of the event, as setup and organization needs to happen in advance. Mahalo for your understanding!
How many clothes can I swap?
- You can bring as many clothing as you want to the swap but you can only take a maximum of 8 items!
Can I take more than 8 items?
- We respectfully ask that you only take a maximum of 8 items. This is a community event, and we want to ensure that everyone who participates has the opportunity to find something they love.
What kinds of clothes/items can I swap?
- We are accepting washed, gently-used, clothing in good condition. We are not accepting unwashed/poor-condition items, athletic wear, accessories, shoes, undergarments, or swimwear.
- Examples of what to swap: Dresses, skirts, shorts, pants, sweaters, jackets, blouses, etc.
What about kids and Mens clothing?
- Yes! We are accepting both kids and Mens clothing.
What if I have very nice, vintage items?
- We would gladly accept donations of your nice, vintage items that we could sell in the Kōkua Vintage section of the store!
Can I try on clothes at the swap?
- Yes, space is limited, but we have two fitting rooms available in the store.
What if I donʻt bring clothes to the swap but I see something I like?
- No problem, you will be able to purchase items of clothing from the swap for $10.00 each. All proceeds will go to the Kōkua Hawaiʻi Foundation.
What happens to the leftover clothes?
- Clothes not swapped will be added to the Kōkua Vintage $5 bin or added to the Kōkua Vintage racks, with 100% of proceeds going to support Kōkua Hawaiʻi Foundation! Other clothes will be donated to RYSE Hawai’i.
If you have any questions, email us at [email protected]!