We are happy to launch the 2023-2024 School Mural Contest with the theme: “SEA a Solution!” K-12 students are encouraged to be part of the solution to beat plastic pollution by creating ARTivism: art that sparks activism. Start by collecting material to upcycle and then compose a captivating design!
Theme: “SEA A SOLUTION” Together We Can Solve Plastic Pollution. Create a mural that brings life to items in local waste streams to inspire optimistic solutions toward solving plastic pollution.
• Who can participate? Students and school groups, grades K-12. Entries must be submitted by a Teacher or Parent on behalf of a student, a group of students, a club, a class, a grade level, or an entire school. Multiple groups from the same school may enter.
• Materials: Incorporate marine debris, plastic bottle caps, or any other single-use plastic items collected from cleanups or recycling drives. Tell us the story of where your materials came from in your Entry Form. Please do not encourage increased use or purchase of plastic bottles or other plastics to source materials. Join us at our January 15 Martin Luther King Jr. Beach Cleanup to collect materials for your mural!!
• Criteria: Murals will be judged on use of found or reused materials, visual appeal, creativity, and integration of the theme.
• Entry Format: Upload at least 3 digital high-resolution “actual size” jpeg (1MB minimum size). Additional detail shots are welcome if your mural is large in scope. Please also include photos with the students involved!
• Submissions: Enter by completing the form Contest at bit.ly/pfhmural24. A signed media release is required for all participating artists in any photos.
All entries are due by February 24, 2024.
Download the flier below for more details and then, submit your work here: bit.ly/pfhmural24